Re: [OM] Today's Airport Visit

Subject: Re: [OM] Today's Airport Visit
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 09:42:58 -0500
DC-3s still draw a number of admirers. We have one at the local airport that was last used as a jump plane. After losing an engine, it was deemed too expensive to repair. It is now parked proudly on the edge of the pavement as a visitor attraction. Yesterday, I saw what appeared to be a man and his daughter (or much younger girlfriend) land, park by the Gooney Bird, and get out to examine the old timer. Even I had my photo made in front of it. 8-)

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Jim+_amp_+DC-3+Sepia+2.jpg.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA