[OM] Danger! Danger!

Subject: [OM] Danger! Danger!
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 12:13:49 -0500
A friend of mine is a local wedding photog. He made the switch to MFT a
couple of years back - his main body is an E-M1, and he's got 2 E-M5's for
his assistants. He just got the 40-150 MonsterLens (tm). (He's also got a
nice assortment of the other pro-level MFT lenses as well). He made the
switch because he can still get great images, yet doesn't have to lug
758lbs of DSLR around for a full day.

I'm meeting him at Starbucks this evening to talk cameras over a mocha, and
so I can actually play with one of those beasts. I'm sure I will feel some
lens envy, but at this point, he's getting paid to use it so it's an
investment. I really just want to put it on my E-M5 and see how it feels.
I'll pick a subject and shoot a few shots with my pedestrian 40-150, and
then a few with the MonsterLens at the same f-stop so I can see the
difference.

But I'm not really in danger - I need new floor covering in the house, a
new stove, proper wiring back to my studio/office/hamshack, and I need to
build a second antenna as well, so my money is pretty well spoke for.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie