Re: [OM] Least, [was Most] eclectic camera bag

Subject: Re: [OM] Least, [was Most] eclectic camera bag
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 22:04:31 -0700
On 3/19/2015 10:07 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
Then you say of a photo, "big flock of snow geese and only a wide angle."
Busted!

Actually my excursions can be divided into a) those whose main purpose is to capture images and 2) all the rest. This trip fell into "all the rest" category where photography is incidental.

I my endless saga of looking for the perfect small camera to carry for those "all the rest" times, I'm currently torn between Panny GM1 with 12-32 and 45-150 and the Panny ZS40, with the 24-720 FF eq. focal range to catch pretty much anything.

The GM1 with both lenses requires a small bag or two belt pouches, but the IQ is comparable to the E-M5. The ZS40 fits in a smaller, more convenient belt pouch. IQ in good light is pretty darn good, more than enough for web images, but ...

I knew the fields were in bloom and that we usually stop so I stuck on the relatively new to me 9-18 so I could take a few photos whilst strolling through the flower patch. I'm liking this lens more and more!

Certainly you made good use of it there!

Truthfully, even if the 75-300 was in the back I would not have bothered switching. What I was hoping for was for the flock to fly while we were close. A sky full of large white birds over colorful fields is quite a spectacle and the little 9-18 would have been perfect.

Yes indeedy.

As it was we enjoyed from a distance and the images are backed up to our
natural harddrives. :)

Carol reminds me of that from time to time. :-)