Re: [OM] OT: evilBay Strikes Again!

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: evilBay Strikes Again!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 06:20:20 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> Someone try to convince me that this is a positive step forward.  Just try.
>
>Umm, how about Costco sized rolls of Tin Foil and dedicated usage of garage
>sales, instead of EBAY????

     The majority of my saved searches are for bicycle parts that I'm in
constant need of for restoring old French bikes from the mid-60s to mid-80s.
Yes, some are occasionally found at garage sales and flea markets, but that is
far from sufficient.  Even with all of its problems, evilBay is a gold mine.

     For instance, yesterday I won a set of wheels that I never thought I would
encounter, consisting of Rigida 13-19 rims (same as 27x1") laced to Normandy
Luxe Competition hubs, with a 5-speed 13-26 freewheel (possibly Cyclo/Benelux),
and the skewers.  The hubs alone are worth what I paid for that lot.  Those are
mid-70s vintage, and they will become part of a 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubilee
that is very slowly coming together.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson