Re: [OM] OT: evilBay Strikes Again!

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: evilBay Strikes Again!
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 02:27:39 +1030
Chris,

regrettably (and I say 'regrettably' because I feel the same as you
about a great many things in this world), I have to suggest that if all
these things are worth that much to you, it would be worth the cost of
even a slow DSL to avoid some of this misery. I almost could not live
without my V1Max (8M down/384k up) unlimited plan at about AUD$70/month
(I'm exaggerating - I'd be ok at about 4G but my kids would just wilt!).

Anything but plain text in e-mail is an abomination (punishments should
be of the scale of the book of Leviticus), but we're two voices in the
wilderness. I use my text mailer (mutt) which hides all this cr@p from
me, but often have to invoke a text editor on the raw mail content to
pull out a hidden link - or worse, a quoted-printable 800-odd character
indirect link (where every '=' is replaced with '=3D' and every newline
is replaced with '=', that I have to fix before I can use it - better
than being infected by, or propagating malware,  though).

davidt