Re: [OM] [OT] Bridge Behaving Badly

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Bridge Behaving Badly
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 22:05:43 +1030
Hi Boris,

I enjoyed your recent hi-fi post.

It's not your fault :)  GIMP is not a raw file viewer, it is an image
creator/processor. You will need Dave Coffin's dcraw tool to handle the
raw bit (you can do a whole bunch of basic adjustments prior to
exporting to your format of choice). Not sure what OS you are running,
but for Windows look for UFRaw (unidentified flying raw !!???) - this
particular implementation intended to integrate with the GIMP).

One opens the raw file with UFRaw, does basic
cropping/contrast/hue/saturation/curve/de-noising adjustments and then
saves to a standard/preferred  image format. This file can then be used,
or if necessary, further processed in another package (e.g. the GIMP).

Like the GIMP, it's free.

davidt