Re: [OM] IMG: Two More Airplane Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two More Airplane Photos
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 13:51:37 -0700
My first ride was in a J3 Cub in '43. One of my cousins was a civilian flight instructor for the Air Corps at the local airport and agreed to give me a ride. When we arrived at the airport he was airborn in a Ryan ST. When he landed, it was a bit obvious that he had been doing some aerobatics. That ST was oil streaked from one end to the other which they were prone to, as they had a thing about throwing oil when inverted. I really wanted a ride in the ST but he said it was too messy and took me up in the J3 Cub.
Paul in Portland OR