[OM] First Impressions of Sirui T25X

Subject: [OM] First Impressions of Sirui T25X
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:35:56 +0100

The tripod has just arrived and I think it will be perfect for me, its very light and seems stable enough with the XT-1 mounted. A bonus is the XT1 handgrip is arca swiss compatible so no need for any exta plate on the camera. I thought about the leg collaps thing but as I setup the tripod I remembered that I automatically test it by pushing firmly on it to make sure the legs are locked before attaching the camera - I think I got caught out once a long time ago so I don't see the leg collapse being an issue, especially with a light camera setup. My hand is big enough that one twist releases all locks on one leg simultaneously so then its just tightening the 12 locks and to close release the 12 locks and then close and with one twist I can fasten them all again. Sure I would maybe have preferred the manfrotto 190 carbon but its a lot more expensive and this look to be fine for my needs.

One happy bunny and thanks Mike for the link and Chuck for starting the topic.