Re: [OM] McCurry

Subject: Re: [OM] McCurry
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 13:42:24 -0400
I was at the Hurricane Island (Maine) Outward Bound School in the summer of
1966 when a rather pricy sailing yacht brimming with National Geographic folks
moored at Valley Cove. They were doing a piece on the coast of Maine. For at
least two, maybe three days, the peace and tranquility of the island were
shattered by the continuous clacking of Nikon motor drives. I think a couple of
the HI pics made it in the actual published story.

The thing I remember most is that one of the photographers, who interviewed my
watch (12 students), pegged my accept as western North Carolina. He then went
on to score roughly 100 percent on the others he guessed. The only miss, as I
recall, was a kid named Blakey, who was born in Scotland and immigrated to
Charlestown, MA, across the river from Boston, at age 9. This kid might as well
have been speaking Farsi.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal