Re: [OM] Another Mockingbird Image

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Mockingbird Image
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 22:12:35 -0500
Rick, to be honest, this one was pure luck.

Here are the lens and the "rig".

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Mocking+Bird.jpg.html

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Final+Assembly.jpg.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 3/27/2015 9:22 PM, Rick Beckrich wrote:
Well done, Sir.
You just proved again, it's the photographer, not the lens.
Envious Rick

On Mar 27, 2015 8:49 PM, "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As I mentioned in an earlier post, we have observed the resident male
Mockingbird sticking around all winter, while his mate takes a vacation.
Here is an image made in January 2011, showing the then-resident male.
This was taken with the Oly E-1, with a Pentax bellows to which was
attached a lens that is now about 125 yrs old.  It is an 8-inch portrait
camera lens identified as a No. 6 Symmetrical, made by Ross (London), and
is equipped with Waterhouse stops from f/16 to f/64, but no shutter.  The
image was taken at a distance of about 15 feet, from the cab of my truck.
The lens was "wide open".
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Mocking+Bird.jpg.html

Enjoy!

--