Re: [OM] Zone-10 Website Test

Subject: Re: [OM] Zone-10 Website Test
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 23:11:15 -0500
I ran into an issue which is native to the core intent of Wordpress.
I've decided that it's a dead-end. To follow my garlic analogy, it
isn't the difference between fresh chopped garlic and a jar of garlic.
It's more of a difference between fresh chopped garlic and garlic
powder.

As a blogger and simple website, it's great. But when you are trying
to create something that is more reference oriented, it falls down
pretty rapidly. Granted, there are a lot of plugins that address most
of the issues, but those plugins are third-party creations that do
what is native to Joomla. Wordpress is fantastic, but it just isn't
for Zone-10.

I'll stick with Joomla after all. However, I've created an all new
installation of it and I'm keeping it as clean as possible to avoid a
lot of the issues I've been battling. In an attempt to make this site
"mobile friendly", the templates can be highly problematic and cause
more navigation issues than if you just follow good design and have a
template that does adapt to screen width without completely destroying
the user sanity. The template I'm playing with right now is
lightweight, FAST and flexible enough to give me what I need.

I just have to change out the editor.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx