Re: [OM] Zone-10 Website Test

Subject: Re: [OM] Zone-10 Website Test
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 10:38:50 -0500
I wrote:
> I'll stick with Joomla after all. However, I've created an all new
> installation of it and I'm keeping it as clean as possible to avoid a
> lot of the issues I've been battling. In an attempt to make this site
> "mobile friendly", the templates can be highly problematic and cause
> more navigation issues than if you just follow good design and have a
> template that does adapt to screen width without completely destroying
> the user sanity. The template I'm playing with right now is
> lightweight, FAST and flexible enough to give me what I need.

The template I'm playing with is an "adaptive" template that is native
to the current Joomla install. Not overly complex and not the best of
the best, but it will do what I want it to do and I'm realizing that
if it doesn't do something I want it to do, I probably shouldn't be
trying to do it. Wordpress has been very good for me when I need to
create a website for somebody else to maintain. But for my own
website, I can see that Joomla is the one that balances everything I
need the best. The template is not fully configurable, but it is
configurable enough. I must admit that I did like Wordpress' ability
to place images for backgrounds. The Joomla template does the same,
but not quite as slick.

Besides, at this point, if the template doesn't work out, I can always
change it. But Joomla gives me the best control over menus, categories
and page formats. This exercise in determining the right system did
teach me a few things about content creation that will address some
issues that have been buried in Zone-10 since the beginning.

Hey, speaking of Zone-10's beginning. Did you know that Zone-10
launched at the same time the E-3 came out?

AG