Re: [OM] 4/3 format is lousy for portraits - dof

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3 format is lousy for portraits - dof
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 17:18:24 -0400
Philippe writes:

Here's my contribution to the cause: full portrait and DOF

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/album368/Pivoine-Fourmi-2.jpg.html

Very good again, but I think you cheated and used the auto smile/blink
detection though I thought that was mostly only available on Nykon DSLR's:

"Smile Mode, Blink Warning. Smile Mode automatically fires the shutter when the
selected subject smiles; in this mode, the camera will essentially wait to fire
until it detects a smile. Blink Warning displays a warning message when it
detects that the subject has blinked as the photo was taken, allowing you to
immediately retake the shot—without waiting to check the photo. In both cases,
the camera's computer accesses a database of facial characteristics to
determine the presence of these reactions. Blink Proof is a new addition to
Smile Mode options. When it's selected, the camera will detect the face of a
portrait subject and automatically take two sequential shots when the subject
smiles, then save the image in which the subject’s eyes are open"

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Learn-And-Explore/Article/ftlzi4ue/smart-portrait-system.html

Can't fool me, Mike