Re: [OM] 4/3 format is lousy for portraits - dof

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3 format is lousy for portraits - dof
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 18:42:30 -0400
On Apr 12, 2015 2:01 PM, "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the kind words, Rick.
>
> I'm pretty sure that the one I have is from Fotodiox.  It was the first
adapter I bought, and I had two problems with it, perhaps inter-related.
First, the two parts of the adapter are held together by small set screws
in the rim.  They kept allowing the two parts to move a little, which gave
me concern for my lenses. Subsequently, I put superglue between the two
parts, then tightened the set screws.  That solved the motion problem, but
may have contributed to the fact that I couldn't achieve infinity focus.  I
then polished the face of the threaded portion to correct this, which
removed the printed identification marks.  It also resulted in the lens
markings falling at the 3 o'clock position, when viewed from the front.  If
the two parts were not cemented, I could correct this, but I just use it
as-is.

> I have later Fotodiox adapters that are assembled with proper screws.  I
can't say whether or not the M42 adapter has been so modified since I
bought mine.

> The company has a web site that lists all kinds of adapters.
>

> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

Thanks Jim... that's what I wanted to know. I'll check their site. When I
Googled last night, I just got confused with all the entries.