Re: [OM] Interspecies Encounter

Subject: Re: [OM] Interspecies Encounter
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 19:41:51 -0400
On 4/13/2015 2:42 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

<<What happened to the caterpillar after the high speed collision with Marnie's
<<finger?

<<<<<<<<A collision was averted by the smart systems in the 'pillar.

<<<<<<<<<Avoidance Maneuver Moose

 Yes, I try to avoid collisions with either species.

The species on the left can be very tough. To state the obvious it has dense
hair, spines and has  yellow.
I really only keep track of photogenic 'pillars or those of photogenic adult
b'flys. This one looks vaguely familiar but 'pillars can look quite different
depending on the growth stage (instar). Perhaps a mature saltmarsh 'pillar but
that is a guess. They can be very nasty defoliators but the 'pillar is
admitingly cute.

Collision Avoidance, Mike