Re: [OM] Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock

Subject: Re: [OM] Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:22:06 -0700
On 4/20/2015 3:20 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
A convenient excuse to be cheap? :-D
Two teenage daughters and a terribly underpaid spouse. Of course I'm cheap.
I'm getting a part-time job just to see if I can earn some play money.
(driving a van hauling railroad crews around).

And, oddly enough, I somehow have more disposable for modest play than I had
anticipated in retirement.

The extensive examples of HD images in the ImagingRecource review are
really eye opening in this regard.
I would suggest that the turning point is the new set of sensors from Sony
in the past two years or so. The original EM-5 was the first 4/3 or m4/3
camera since the E-1 that really had colors, skintones and recoverable
shadows that I like. The EM-1 improved on it even more. The EM-5 Mk2 looks
to be even better. There is just something about the colors that are
popping right.

I don't disagree about ordinary images, although the earlier 12 MP Pens really aren't bad in color. Shadow pulling is iffier than the later sensors, but how much is color and how much lower noise, I'm not sure. But I was talking specifically about the high rez mode, where each sensor location is sampled by four different sensels and all color filters.

I think that's where I was fooled. The 5D files were really nice to work
with, and the 60Ds no so much
What is suprising is that the 60D's stable-mate, the 7D, is a completely
different animal in regards to the files.

I wouldn't think it would be, same sensor. But the 7D has two processors. I mostly picked the 60D for the articulated LCD. I never played with 7D files.

I have no problem with you not liking the E-1. We're different in different
ways.

Really????? :-D

D. S. Moose