Re: [OM] Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock

Subject: Re: [OM] Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 19:47:50 -0400
AG writes:

<<Only recently has SONY caught up to Kodak with being able to make sensors
<<that can rock the colors and give us immensely bendable pixels. Canon is an
<<also ran in this regard. Other than the original 5D, Canon has really
<<lacked in color bendability.

Yes, Sony sensor in FF mirrorless is quite nice in color and DR. The sensor
flare is alrady much better in the A7II. We'll see
what the A7rII/A9 brings. Canyon did not stand still but the DR on the 5Ds is
unchanged---odd. Canyon by good report did change the CFA to be more selective
which means it'll have less color pollution, and thus less color noise,
hopefully better color performance and lastly, more shot noise as a result of
less total light reaching the sensor underneath the CFA. We shall see soon.

I don't know how AG could hold off on an A9/A7rII if they fix the sensor flare
and a few ergononomic issues. The OMZ lenses would sing on it as they already
do for him the OM 3Ti. High res sensor with huge DR,
IS, EFCS,  mag LV in an EVF---drool!!!! Adapters should be shimmed for accurate
hard stop infinity to avoid degradation of performance of any lenses with
floating elements.

Eager to see, Mike