Re: [OM] opinions of the OM 500mm F8.0 reflex lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions of the OM 500mm F8.0 reflex lens?
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:38:51 +0200
I purchased a pristine 500/8 from John and have used it from time to time, I think It didn't work so well on m43 bodies due to internal reflections from the sensor but i am sure someone else may have fared better.

I have had more sucess on my Fuji cameras and here is one example - the windmills are a long way off shore and I think it was hazy - it needs to be used on a tripod though I never managed hand holding it <http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Holidays/LlandudnoJuly2014/i-sz6H27b/A> here is a shot of them from the same spot with a 83mm equiv <http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Holidays/LlandudnoJuly2014/i-rNPVxdK/A>

and I am not sure but I also think this was taken with it as well (but it may have been with the 300 and 1.4TC) - I am sorry I have never kept shooting information such as shutter speed, aperture and lens info.
<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Holidays/LlandudnoJuly2014/i-QJGz9Tb/A>

One thing about the reflex lens which I haven't seen mentioned is it is not so good for stealth shots such as wildlife as the mirror can "spook" the subject. So to summarize it can deliver in the right conditions but those are restricted not sure how much they go for these days but I though it was cheap compared to other lenses and with a metabones speedbooster mine is now a 500/5.6 or without a very compact 750ish/8

Cheers IanW