Re: [OM] Starting at beginning

Subject: Re: [OM] Starting at beginning
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:35:59 +0100
I think you may have partly missed my point, AG.

LR6<>LRMobile sync  will not work over a purely WiFi connection via your own
network as far as I have found - it has to transit the internet, so there's
little point in connecting to your own WiFi access point if it in turns
connects to your ISP over a slow link.

But what's all this "metered" cell connection business? As I have to explain
to every marketing call offering me an "upgrade as I am nearing the end of
my contract" even a 5GB monthly data allowance is not an upgrade for me (on
a 30 day contract, with unlimited data). The really dim callers try to
explain to me that it isn't really unlimited, if I read the small print I
will find that it is actually limited to 0.5/1/2Gb "they all are, Sir". They
are really really dim to say that because I can read the small print (and
have done) but they can't - and they are the ones trying to clinch a sale.

The bright ones respond "Ah lucky you, they stopped doing unlimited in 2009,
not surprised you want to keep it" and move swiftly one to their next call
which might be more fruitful.

Piers