Re: [OM] Starting at beginning

Subject: Re: [OM] Starting at beginning
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:55:25 -0400
Excellent points--thank you for mentioning.   I might have mucked up the
saturation business left to my own devices. Curves and levels adjustment layers
don't touch the color with luminosity blend mode.  I don't always do that if th
ecolor efect is modest. I think an old tutorial in "I suck at PS" said do that
for USM as well-- can't say I ever think of that either or seen that mentioned
here.
I trust deconvolution in FM is designed to work with the color data. I think
using the luminosity blend mode with USM avoids halos more but I don't know if
it works as well or not.

Blend malt, hops and now layers more carefully, Mike

If you mess with this stuff with Photoshop layers, it’s helpful to remember
that when you’re adjusting a layer for levels, use the blend mode luminosity.
When you add a layer for saturation, remember to use the saturation blend mode.
If you don’t, you run the risk of getting “hotter” results that you
anticipated, and they are hard to correct.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal

On Apr 22, 2015, at 9:49 PM, Mike Gordon via olympus <