Re: [OM] IMG: Workhorses, Past and Present

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Workhorses, Past and Present
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 06:52:13 +0100
The Cessna looks pretty sleek, for a workhorse.  I was surprised to note that
it costs over $2m to buy, according to the Wikipedia entry.

A former colleague of mine flies for the British Antarctic Survey and I was
sure that he told me that he had used a Caravan down south.  But according to
the BAS website they use only Twin Otters and a Dash 7.  Mind you, the website
also tells me that they never fly without a copilot, and I know that not to be
true.

Chris