Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Observations

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Observations
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:26:07 -0500
Thanks, Ken. I read that, and thought how true it was. I thought about it as I typed my email, but had tossed the magazine.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 4/27/2015 4:22 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
My wife and I used to joke about the
sources of whiffs of smoke over the Bear Creek backwoods in North Alabama,
as we flew over on our journeys back to Mississippi.  But, I kept my
distance.
The January 9th AOPA "Never Again" story is about this exact thing.

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2015/February/Pilot/pe_na

“Those weren’t barbeque grills, son, they were moonshine stills,” he
said. “Those moonshiners saw your airplane, figured you were a federal
revenue agent, and took a shot at you! I knew you were between 3,000
and 5,000 feet because if you were lower than 3,000 feet the bullet
would have clipped through the entire wing; and if you had been above
5,000 feet nobody with a pistol would have tried to hit you."