[OM] m.4/3 battery covers

Subject: [OM] m.4/3 battery covers
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 20:52:08 -0400
For my Canon 5D batteries I have plastic snap-on covers that cover one whole side of the battery where the contacts are. They not only protect the battery contacts but the orientation of the cover doesn't matter. If you mark one end of the cover and establish a convention you can have the cover indicate whether that battery is charged or not.

My Minolta A1 batteries have a shaped cover that slips over just the contact end of the battery. That protects the contacts but provides no means of changing the cover orientation to indicate charged or not although extra covers with distinct markings would work.

But I have not seen any type of cover for the E-M1/M5 batteries. The contacts are reasonably well protected against short circuit by being recessed in a grid but carrying them without a protective cover is not my style. So far I have been putting them into small, plastic bags which are only just big enough to fit them in. It's not a particularly good solution and also doesn't provide any means of marking the charge state. Anybody have a solution for this?

Chuck Norcutt