Re: [OM] m.4/3 battery covers

Subject: Re: [OM] m.4/3 battery covers
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 12:38:44 -0400
Thanks.  I think I may buy some form of the flexible AA pouches.

Chuck Norcutt

On 5/1/2015 2:05 AM, Moose wrote:
On 4/30/2015 5:52 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
For my Canon 5D batteries I have plastic snap-on covers ...

But I have not seen any type of cover for the E-M1/M5 batteries. The
contacts are reasonably well protected against short circuit by being
recessed in a grid but carrying them without a protective cover is not
my style.  So far I have been putting them into small, plastic bags
which are only just big enough to fit them in.  It's not a
particularly good solution and also doesn't provide any means of
marking the charge state.  Anybody have a solution for this?

I have one of these which I use to carry a spare battery and card in my
pocket.
<http://www.greenbatteries.com/nylon-battery-wallet-a-battery-case-and-digital-memory-card-holder/>

It's designed for four AAs, but is flexible for the different shape of
µ4/3 batteries. Hmmm, now that I've found it again, I may get more.

Beyond that, I have a small bag with further spares the main compartment
and cards in front zipper pockets. The batteries are in little plastic
bags and the cardboard boxes off brand spares come in.

Here's another possibility.
<http://optechusa.com/accessories/media-holsters.html>

A couple of others here.
<http://www.batteryspace.com/search.aspx?find=case>

Nothing as slick as the Canons. OTOH, they can come off in a pocket or
bag, and the above won't. The one I have is good quality and none the
worse for several years wear.

Contained Energy Moose