Re: [OM] Critiques

Subject: Re: [OM] Critiques
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 09:10:30 +0100
Tina

I’m not sure if I have said this before, but if you post links to your photos,
however good, you will get fewer responses if you do so in isolation, as it
were.  By that I mean that if I make a comment and there is no response, I
shall tend not to make a comment in the future; although I normally try again
in the future.

I make comments on Jim’s photos and get a response, likewise with Nathan.
However, others, including you, tend not to respond and I tailor my comment
accordingly.

Now there might be good reasons for the lack of response to my comments, but
that’s how it is.  I understand that you post to more than one list and perhaps
are too busy to respond, but that’s not the point; we are all busy, in one way
or another, and I make posts to the List when I have time so to do.

In addition, Facebook places photos in front of people while they peruse the
news feed.  It’s easy to plonk a comment in the field beneath one photo, much
easier than going to a link, and perusing a page of images.

Finally, you say that you post on the lists to get feedback, presumably as you
continue to build your portfolio as a professional.  But this is a list of
amateur photographers; your photos might be interesting, but the point of being
on the List is to exchange views, normally about photography.  A one way
process to help you with your collection is not totally in that spirit.  Of
course I like to see your photos, but not to feel pressed to offer comment or
advice on several photos at frequent intervals.

I hope that this helps without discouraging you.

Chris