Re: [OM] [OT] Good News

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Good News
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 22:35:40 -0700
On 5/5/2015 4:32 PM, Willie Wonka via olympus wrote:
I am with Chuck on this one, I dont care if a dedicated scanner could do
better. My only concern is what AG brought up: colors might be off.
I googled the film...:), but I also wanted to pick AG's brain, coz he can tell
me in three sentences more than the whole Net in ten years.
Now I got this idea...what if I used my enlarger? Just prop the camera
underneath with a lens straight up, stick the film holder with the film in the
slot, turn it on, and focus on the film? Then take the picture.
Is there a reason why this wouldnt work, besides the fact that I have to figure
out the logistics of it as my camera and lens might be too close, but I am sure
I could figure out how to increase the distance so I can focus on the film from
underneath.

Sounds awkward to me, unless you make a mount to hold the camera solidly.

I've made a simple piece of wood that fits on my Meopa enlarger stand with a 1/4-20 threaded rod sticking out, making a simple, adjustable copy stand for distances greater than the Oly copy stand can achieve. That and my cheap little 4x5" light box is what I would use for this project. If the film holder doesn't lay flat, stick some wooden shims on it.

I don't know anything about the color head in your enlarger . The little box I have seems nicely daylight balanced after a couple of minutes warm up. I used it behind the Oly bellows, slide copier and 80/4 Auto macro lens for 35 mm film and got good color.

Jury Rigg Moose