Re: [OM] [OT] Good News

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Good News
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 13:37:46 -0500
Wilie Wonka wrote:

> I googled the film...:), but I also wanted to pick AG's brain, coz he can
> tell me in three sentences more than the whole Net in ten years.

Wait for it...

> Now I got this idea...what if I used my enlarger? Just prop the camera
> underneath with a lens straight up, stick the film holder with the film in
> the slot, turn it on, and focus on the film? Then take the picture.

I've been there done that. Not very workable. You end up with a
hot-spot, as well as lost of contrast. You can correct for the
trapazoid, but there are just too many other issues involved. I've
gotten it to work once with tremendous grief.

Three sentence solution:
1. Package up the negatives in a FedEx box.
2. Label box with my address and schedule the pickup.
3. Enclose check with negatives in FedEx box for $2.50 per negative

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx