Re: [OM] [Leica] IMGS: Baracoa, + Banding?

Subject: Re: [OM] [Leica] IMGS: Baracoa, + Banding?
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 22:25:24 -0500
On 5/11/15 20:13 : , Tina Manley wrote:
Hi, Paul

I never, ever set up any photos. Never have and never will. What I do is
hang around long enough that I become part of the background and am
ignored. If you talk to the subject before the photo is made, the photo
will be posed. For the old guy in the park, I sat in one place, not moving,
for about three hours. At first, people mugged and posed for the camera but
I was very boring so they eventually forgot about me and my cameras. I have
several hundred photos of that guy because he reminded me of my father.
For the people standing in line, I stood across the street and waited until
nobody saw me.

The Central American photos are made after I have spent several days
sitting quietly in a corner.

Thanks. "Set up" was a bad choice of words - I guess I meant "talk to first" which you explained.

I guess it's a lot of experience and confidence that lets you blend in to the point where you're invisible, which is your gift. I'm not at that level yet. Whatever that "thing" is, you certainly have it down.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach