Re: [OM] will the LH-70C fit on the older 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 non-SWD lens

Subject: Re: [OM] will the LH-70C fit on the older 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 non-SWD lens?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 14:47:00 -0400
I have no first hand experience with an 4/3 lenses but the looks and physical specs of these lenses seem to be essentially identical. Same focal length range and speed, same filter size, same hood number except for the suffix. I would be very surprised if their hoods were not interchangeable.

If I was buying it (after checking some prices) I'd go with B&H who has it for USD 29.95 with free shipping. I'd also call B&H and ask them if they truly are interchangeable as the specs would suggest. The B&H sales desk probably knows the Oly specs better than whatever clerk Olympus hired to answer the phone last week.

Chuck Norcutt