Re: [OM] Newbie: EM-1 Problem.

Subject: Re: [OM] Newbie: EM-1 Problem.
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 21:45:40 -0700
Hi Chuck!

Thank you for your comments.  My mistake... spastic fingers.  My firmware in
the body is v3.0. Though I see v3.1 is now available. I will update to that, in
case there is a unannounced bug fix in it.

The older four-thirds lenses do have firmware, but there are no updates for the
lens or the converter.

If the problem persists after the 3.1 update, I will submit a "bug report" to
Olympus.

Thanks, again, for your time & comments.

David.

> Your E-M1 firmware is not current.  Current version is 3.0.  You might
> also check the firmware on your lens assuming 4/3 lenses do have firmware.
>
> As an old system test manager I can guess that your specific and a bit
> unusual shooting configuration: 6-9 frames/sec with a specific 4/3 lens
> on adapter might have had very little testing or even none at all.  Test
> with the current firmware but don't be surprised if the problem
> continues.  Be prepared to submit a bug report to Olympus.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 5/24/2015 8:36 PM, David Young wrote:
>> So far, it has only done this when in "motor drive" mode, at either 6 or 9
>> fps, and only when my older, 50~200, f2.8-3.5 SWD lens is mounted via the
>> mmf-3 adapter.  This is not to say it could not happen at other times, or
>> with other lenses, but each of the half dozen or so times it has done this,
>> I have been shooting at a rodeo.... and the 50~200 (possibly with the 1.4x
>> converter) is the only lens I use for rodeo work.  (Last weekend, it did it
>> 4 times, over 3 days and approx. 2.800 images.)
>>
>> It never did this prior to the upgrade to firmware v2.0, and in all other
>> respects still appears to be perfect, as you can see....
>>
>> http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/FS_2.html
>>
>> Has anyone had, or heard of someone having this problem?  If yes, do we know
>> or suspect it to be a problem with the SWD lens, a bug in the v2.0 firmware
>> or a failure of the E-M1 itself?
>>
>> Your thoughts appreciated.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> David.