Re: [OM] Of interest perhaps to Indiana Barker and other fliers

Subject: Re: [OM] Of interest perhaps to Indiana Barker and other fliers
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 06:13:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Watch the video. It lasts ~ 7 minutes
>
>http://tinyurl.com/q3wfb7w

     That is VERY impressive.  We have an SR-71 on display down at the Pima Air
Museum, and it is a beautiful piece of hardware.  It was interesting to learn
that the sharp cones at the engine inlets move with airspeed to prevent the
shock wave from flaming out the engines.  I've seen this feature on the British
Electric Lightning and at least one Soviet fighter.

     Also at the Pima Air Museum there is a C-46 and C-47 on display right next
to each other.  The C-46 is noticably larger, but it was under-powered.  Also,
there is a B-29, and it is surprisingly smaller than you might imagine unless
you saw one in person.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson