Re: [OM] Valkyrie, et al

Subject: Re: [OM] Valkyrie, et al
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 13:19:46 +0000
Jim, thanks for the thoughts about that. I did read something along those
lines re: why the F-104 made that mistake. There was some discussion that
he couldn¹t see the wingtip proximity all that well either, possibly.
Defintely a tragedy for both plane and personnel.

It¹s always interesting to read about planes and learn more about the
history of their development. It¹s too bad the XB-70 never really came to
fruition. Partly it was due to the success of the SR-71, among other
things.

-Ed