Re: [OM] IMG: After Dinner, at the Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: After Dinner, at the Airport
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 08:38:38 -0500
> I walked out to take a look at a visiting CAP Maule aircraft from
> Alabama.  I had never seen a Maule in CAP colors.

I love the Maules. The company perspective on life, liberty and the
pursuit of model certificiations is a sight to behold. I read, not too
long ago, how that one company certifies as many models of aircraft as
all others in the USA combined. I don't know if that is true or not,
but they really are unique in how they do things. By taking a modular
approach to things, and having two main assets to work from, a big
honkin wing and a tubular steel body, they can bolt on whatever they
want.

> The CAP recently purchased a group of new Cessna 172s, and there was one
> of these on the ramp.  The new landing/taxi light caught my eye.

The LED landing lights are game changers. We were replacing landing
lights in our 172 all the time. But that was a function of the rough
field conditions and hard landings than time, but we were going
through them twice a year.

> All with the Fuji X-E1 and 27mm Pancake lens.

I must ignore the siren song of the Fujis.

AG