Re: [OM] I ♥︎ My American Car - Charlie 2

Subject: Re: [OM] I ♥︎ My American Car - Charlie 2
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 17:59:26 +0200
While I agree that modern cars are much more efficient, travelling with our new VW bus to the UK means I only use two thirds of the fuel we used to BUT we have to factor in the cost to the environment of manufacturing a new vehicle, which is often not included in the sums. Don't get me started on the money wasted on cfl lights (not LEDs) which are much more expensive to make and don't seem to last long at all. It would maybe have been better to get everyone to just switch them off more, why keep shop fronts and buildings lit at night unless they are of special interest.

BTW I have just swapped my old dell monitor for a new one after it developed a vertical red line - what a difference no more heat and only uses about 18watts