Re: [OM] IMG: Bonnaroo Jets

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Bonnaroo Jets
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 11:33:33 -0500
Yeah, I guess I am too old fashioned to appreciate the "value" of these events. They do help the local tax base, though. :-)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 6/13/2015 11:24 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Most of these aircraft seem to be owned by rental or leasing agencies.  It
still costs a bundle to travel that way.  I can understand well-paid musical
groups traveling that way, such a one that came in last evening from an
appearance in Nashville, then left around midnight for San Jose, California.
What I can't quite understand is how groups of fans can use these services.
Actually, it's not that bad. Many companies and businessmen are using
NetJets or other time-share types of ownership setups. You are paying
for it whether you use it or not. Then if you have a plane that can
carry, say, nine passengers, and you fill all the seats up, the cost
per person is reasonable. Especially when you consider what the ticket
price to get into the event itself is.