Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Closeups

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Closeups
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 14:13:29 -0500
Thanks for looking, Charlie.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 6/15/2015 2:08 PM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
Certainly has nice curves, Jim.

Charlie

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Bonnaroo is over, with only a few of the visiting aircraft left at the
local airport.  I got a couple of detail shots that I had intended to get
earlier.

To an Aeronautical Engineer, the business end of a modern turboprop is a
thing of beauty.  Maybe not the same for everyone.  Here is the propulsion
system of a Beech King Air 350.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Propulsion.JPG.html

The 1941 Piper J-5A that was modified for banner towing had amenities
never dreamed of when it was built.  Not a beauty, but a real working
machine.  Here is the current instrument panel, complete with every placard
that the FAA could dream of.  And, yes, the engine is a Lycoming O-360.  I
checked the data plate.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Tow+Plane+Instrument+Panel.jpg.html

Both with the X-E1 and Fujinon 27mm Pancake.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA