Re: [OM] [OT] Beech King Air 350

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Beech King Air 350
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 11:59:18 -0700
On 6/19/2015 8:13 AM, Brian Gray via olympus wrote:
    Having travelled many miles as a passenger in  King Airs and  Queen
    Airs which operated a company shuttle service in almost all weathers, I
    remember them as a reliable means of transport.  Even if on a bright
    frosty winter morning ice off the props was rattling on the fuselage,
    or one was descending through thick cloud low over the sea to enable a
    safe approach to the runway on land near by.

Never done the ice thing. :-)

When I was being chauffeured from Mazatlan to Culiacan in a King Air, the overcast kept lowering, and we did too, until it seemed I could have talked to the people on the ground picking tomatoes, if the window were open. :-)

The pilot started chattering away on the radio at some length. When asked, he said he and the tower were running over the instrument approach protocol, as they used it so seldom that he wanted to be sure they were in sync.

As it turned out, a visual approach and landing was possible.

Low Deck Moose