Re: [OM] Well, Happy Thursday to Me.

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, Happy Thursday to Me.
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 22:04:43 +0200
Paul,

Not wishing to give false hope but I have also seen wiser managers (they are rare though) realise thier mistake and try and rectify it a few weeks/months later, I know about feeling valued, the company I work for now was only 50 people when I joined and it was the first time I worked for a small company, I can make decisions and implement them without going through umpteen departments, I did have to remind them recently though that I have much larger responsibility than they realise - we are an IT company and it wouldn't exist without data, hasn't stopped them gradually reducing my team size, which at first I could cover the slack but now I can't so people will have to wait, I hate that but I guess I will stay until forced to move.

I often say there are two types of people those who create sh*t and those who clear it up, having been a clearer upper for 35 years I think I would favour becoming a third type of person who does neither :-).

I really hope things work out for you!

IanW