Re: [OM] One Big Ass Mistake America

Subject: Re: [OM] One Big Ass Mistake America
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 09:52:24 -0400
You don't have to have roots in Dixie to display the Confederate flag as a
symbol of your, ah, simple-minded ignorance. I see them up here from time
to time. In the south, I used to give flag displays the benefit of the
doubt, figuring that perhaps the owner of the flag was still fogged in
ignorance. But up here? Big Ass Redneck Bigot. And now I'm no longer
prepared to give anyone in the south, including the entire state of South
Carolina, the benefit of the doubt. My intolerance toward that flag has
taken my somewhat by surprise. I chalk it up to being a reformed flag
waver. (Pep rallies in high school.) Like a reformed smoker, I have little
tolerance for people who still indulge in the same destructive behavior I
used to indulge in.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal