Re: [OM] One Big Ass Mistake America

Subject: Re: [OM] One Big Ass Mistake America
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 11:23:19 -0400
My train trip home from NYC was ruined by the two women in front of me
loudly discussing politics for 12 hours.  They both vowed that they would
never vote for a woman because women are too emotional and, besides, the
Bible clearly says that women should not be leaders.  They should obey
their men.  Both women said that if the election was today, they would vote
for Jeb Bush.  One woman was African-American, the other one was White.
They were both originally from the South but now live up North.

Tina

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have pretty short memories. The previous president was also treated
> pretty poorly. However, we tend to dismiss that because he deserved
> it. <snark>
>
> There has been a cultural shift over the past 20 years or so that has
> made display of the Confederate Flag less acceptable. We can try to
> force the issue, but I think it's a situation where it is dying away
> on its own. There comes a point where anybody displaying that flag
> isn't doing it out of ignorance or pride, but because it's a blatant
> message.
>
> Not sure if we're there quite yet, but in a few more years it will be
> a non-issue.
>
> Trying to force the issue is just going to exasperate old sectionalism
> issues that date back to the founding of the country.
>
> If you want to change a culture, you have to change the narrative.
>
> AG
> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com