Re: [OM] Fwd: Re: One Big Ass Mistake America

Subject: Re: [OM] Fwd: Re: One Big Ass Mistake America
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 17:17:58 -0400
Thanks, Bill. I was wondering how we had jumped from racism to the John Birch society let alone the Kochs.

Chuck Norcutt

On 6/21/2015 2:41 PM, Bill Pearce wrote:
Please may I correct the misinformation here about the despicable Koch
Bros. Charles is not the father and not the founder of the John Birch
Society, despite all; the other bad things he has done. Charles is ONE
OF THE BROTHERS, of which there are four, and of the political
manipulators only two area part of that.  The father and Bircher was
Frederick Koch, who was a president of Koch engineering based here, that
provided many important technological improvements in the oil refining
process. I memory serves, they were groundbreaking in the practical
application of catalytic cracking. Ironically, he made a great part of
the family fortune in selling refining technology to the USSR in the
fifties.

Fred and Mary Koch had four sons, Charles, David, William and Frederick.
Charles and David are the political activists, as David was the
sacrificial candidate of the Libertarian party several times, and those
two both are basically Libertarians, although they have many allies in
the Republicans. Bill, who once poured millions of dollars into an
attempt to win the Americas cup, and was written up in detail in the New
Yorker for suing dealers and auction houses that sold him counterfeit
bottles of very old wine, and his brother Frederick, a very highly
regarded set designer for operas, seem to take no interest in politics
in public.

Of the John Birch Society, several of the founders were from here, along
with Fred Koch, there was the brother of the founder of the Coleman
Company of lantern fame, and Bob Love, owner of very profitable Love Box
Company, maker of cardboard boxes, now a part of Pratt Industries.

The thing that irritates me most is that people refer to the Koch
Brothers as a monolith, certainly not true. I suspect that Charles is
the most far right of all, with David close behind.

Bill

-----Original Message----- From: Rick Beckrich