Re: [OM] Orange Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Orange Olympus
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 06:10:30 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>As I rarely post on topic stuff these days I though I would change that
>for today, I recently spotted this special version in our local bricks n
>mortar camera store, while I love orange I would hesitate to buy this
>even if it was for sale :-)

     Rhymes with Olympus?

>I have heard the argument for not using filters for effects as now most
>effects can be done by post processing so I am wondering now that we
>have high iso capability if I shouldn't use a polarising filter as a
>permanently attached protection filter for my X100T (I was given a 49mm
>olympus filter when I bought my 180/2) , because most if not all the
>time I look through photochromic glasses, so my view of the world is
>tinted in any case. Any effects can also be undone post processing -
>hmmm I think i wil try it for a while after all what harm can it do ;-)

     If I know that I'm going to encounter a good number of landscape photo
opportunities, I'll leave the LP on, but otherwise I'll use a UV or Haze filter
for protection.  Reason is that the LP will decrease the amount of light even
at its lowest setting, and many non-landscape photos I take tend to be in
shadow.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson