[OM] OT: Recent Crime Statistics

Subject: [OM] OT: Recent Crime Statistics
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:41:29 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     We have a fairly wide range of intellects here, so I though I would bring
up this subject to see if what I'm observing is taking place elsewhere.

     There are always cases of people disappearing.  Oftentimes they are
children and teenagers running away or kidnapped.  And there are elderly people
who just wander off in the haze of their deteriorating mental condition.  And
there have been kidnappings of college students, the remains of one being found
totally decomposed near Apache Junction.  Another from many years ago was
recently found in an ice chest off the Apache Trail near Roosevelt.  Yuck!

     But then there are adults from their twenties to fifties who suddenly
disappear for no apparent reason.  We've had a few of those here in the Phoenix
area in recent years, and this past Monday we had one that has grabbed my
attention.  A middle-aged (mid-40's or so) couple from Casa Grande disappeared
without a trace.  They had left for work in the early morning hours and never
arrived.  Their car was found on a side street with a number of personal
belongings inside.  No sign of a struggle or other form of foul play.  Just as
if Scotty had beamed them up.

     Their daughter (early 20s) has been on the TV news asking the public for
any information.

     A few years ago the owner of a string of consignment shops disappeared
into the ether.  No trace of her was found until a couple of years later when a
couple of hikers found a human hand sticking up from the gravel in Vekol Wash,
about six miles west of Casa Grande.  Her boyfriend had murdered her and buried
her there at night.  When the cops went to arrest him he blew his brains out.

     Anyone else seeing similar disappearances in their area?

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson