Re: [OM] Lightroom CC 2015 Test Chart comparison of methods

Subject: Re: [OM] Lightroom CC 2015 Test Chart comparison of methods
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 22:52:26 +0200
That is a neat idea. Now if you could send me the raws, I could compare it
with the result of my own 'regular' workflow.

Which I was inspired by this Anthony Morganti on YouTube. Kind of
irritating voice, but I learned some things of LR from him.

Something like (for landscapes, this is not a very good recipe for skin
tones):
highlights -100
shadows +100
alt-whites slider to the right just under when spots appear (meaning
(channel-) over-exposure) on the black
alt-blacks slider to the left just when colored/black spots appear on the
white
The last two in balance of how you think it should be.
With many less contrasty scenes or lenses, a +~30 clarity helps.
In some cases, underexposure one- or two thirds improves as well.
Sharpness at base iso: +70, noise reduction luminance +40 (balance to make
sure the noise is nice. Higher iso, less sharpness).