[OM] IMG: Challenging Images

Subject: [OM] IMG: Challenging Images
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 21:23:12 -0500
This afternoon was one for challenges. First, after dinner, I observed the last of a series of glider takeoffs and landings that had been underway all afternoon. The sun was now directly in my face. I tried, anyway.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/DSCF1855+FM.tif.html

The next is only a challenge to the bank account. A beautiful Cirrus SR22 in red and white.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/DSCF1863-1+FM.tif.html

Finally, my neighbor called and said our visiting skunk was in her yard, and headed toward my fence. It was now almost dark. I racked the X-E1 up to ISO 4000 and shot through a single pane of window glass, because he was moving away from me. Exposure was 1/9th second at f/2.8. I think I pushed this camera to its limits for hand-held images.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Skunk.jpg.html

I now have a reference point. I got a good image at the ball park at ISO 2000. This is nowhere near as good at ISO 4000. But maybe it was the slow shutter speed. :-(

Comments and critiques welcomed.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA