Re: [OM] Would you enter these three images?

Subject: Re: [OM] Would you enter these three images?
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 09:47:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      I had noticed in recent weeks that dialup performance was unusually
>> slow despite
>>a 40K connection and the activity indicator was flashing even when I shut
>>down the browser.
>>The hampered connection with Smugmug while on wifi was probably due to the
>>clandestine
>>downloading activity.
>

>Uh, the dirty secret? Traffic shaping and hog-throttling got disabled
>by almost every provider in the last couple of weeks in the USA.

     The plot got a bit deeper this morning.  I checked my email and did a few
searches on evilBay earlier this morning, then had to do emergency taxi service
for a friend who had misplaced her car keys.  After I returned home, I
restarted the laptop and did a quick search on the hard drive for anything
having to do with Google.

     Quite a bit of stuff that I had deleted yesterday had returned.  All sorts
of folders and files for both Google and Google Toolbar had returned.  I
deleted all of those and did another search, and this time I may have found the
culprit.  There was a Google toolbar downloader utility concealed in a cabinet
file for Real Networks.  That was deleted as well.

     That may explain the error messages I see fairly often at startup having
to do with the real networks downloader.

     I'll have to do these hard drive searches more often.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson