Re: [OM] Olympus 12mm is not 12mm?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 12mm is not 12mm?
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 09:04:18 -0400
The landscape does not seem to suffer, if indeed you moved for the second
shot. With the engine, things don't look quite right. But then if it's
 for-the-record shot, it doesn't matter.

Do you correct distortion before stitching? On my first attempts I did not,
but with the few I double-shot this past trip, I tried correcting the
distortion before stitching. _Seemed_ to work. The final product was closer
to a real rectangle than the stitches done without distortion correction.

Question for the exceptionally anal among us: If you stitch a pano, and
then use LR's distortion correction, and you spitting in the wind? It would
seem to me you are, as the stitch provides an image that would not fit any
existing lens's profile.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal