Re: [OM] A Few Hairstreaks

Subject: Re: [OM] A Few Hairstreaks
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:16:18 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
HSM writes:
<<Have you tried smaller apertures?

I am not sure I am up to focusing through an OVF at any smaller than a half
stop smaller than f8. One should be able to see the scales at 100% if the focus
is really nailed. Appreciate eagle-eyed Moose taking a look and commenting.

I don't think I am quite as good as two years ago when I could routinely nail
American Coppers on clover (even tinier) about half the time. Actually it is
very easy on OM with the Imax VF focusing at f2.5 as it is designed--have done
that in the past as well but need excellent light to hand hold.

A couple nice small b'fly kit I saw there was a loooong Canyon zoom on a bunch
of extension (analogous to what I have seen Moose do on MFT) but it is HUGE .
TTL dual macro flashes with FEC made the lighting less complex as well--no
je ne sais quoi that Bigfoot provides however.  Perhaps mount it on EM-5II or
A7RII.  Not sure my teeny tiny b'fly kit works that well for me anymore.
Friday should be easier with the bigger critters.  Perhaps the Baltimores will
be flying.

Mike