Re: [OM] Revolutionary Olympus Air Turns Smart Phone Into Interchangeabl

Subject: Re: [OM] Revolutionary Olympus Air Turns Smart Phone Into Interchangeable-Lens Camera
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 12:29:22 -0700
On 7/1/2015 8:58 AM, Scott Gomez wrote:
I think this little device has some interesting potential.

I blow hot and cold. It's such a neat piece of tech, and pretty reasonably
priced, that I get involved in the idea.

Then I imagine what I might do with it - and it is always more trouble than doing the same thing with a body I already have.

There is no way it will be handier and quicker to get the shot than GM1 or E-PM2 on my belt. Cooler looking/geekier, but I could already have the shot(s) done, the camera put away and be on my way by the time I pull this thing and the phone out, link, physically mount and shoot. Unmounted shooting looks cool, and is, in some ways, but until you've done it, it's hard to imagine the different eye-hand coordination required. Not as easy, and way slower, than one might imagine.

Then there's that mount for the phone. Ideal for amazing reflections of sky, overhead lights, etc. to interfere with viewing. I suppose for height, one could hold it overhead, with phone screen pointing down, but straight ahead shots at eye level ???

WiFi remote shootin' is nice, and useful, but I already have four bodies that
do that, and the GM1 is hardly larger.

Vacillation Is Moose