[OM] Canada Day Cool, IBIS, and the Fourth.

Subject: [OM] Canada Day Cool, IBIS, and the Fourth.
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 07:03:32 -0700
I spent my Canada Day (July 1st) serving hamburgers to the crowds, after the
Parade.

So, there was not much chance to use a camera.

But, I did manage to catch one customer, displaying his "Canada Day Cool"...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/Cool.html

Later, that evening, we had the requisite fireworks.  I was tired and had
decided not to bother shooting them and just enjoy the show.

But, our little town put on a spectacular show... far better than usual and one
which rivalled the ones I used to see in Victoria, a city roughly 150 times
bigger!

So, at the last moment, I decided that the fireworks juxtaposed with an almost
full moon might be interesting.

It wasn't.

But the shot certainly showed the value of the Olympus In Body Image
Stabilization (IBIS) system.

So here's my 2015 Canada Day fireworks shot ... 1/2 second, hand held.  Taken
standing on my back deck.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/July1_Fireworks.html

Let me end by wishing all on this list who reside in South Canada, a safe and
happy Fourth of July!

Keep pressin' that shutter button!

David.

---